Intensive introductory course to become a Spanish teacher
Would you like to work as a Spanish teacher in Spain or in another country?
In the ELE Introductory Course we provide you with the necessary basic tools to start teaching Spanish and give your professional life a new direction.
Why do this course at TANDEM MADRID?
Because we always go that little bit further. Apart from learning how to plan a lesson, manage a group of students, correcting errors, teach vocabulary, improve pronunciation, perform classroom observations and have tutorials with senior teacher/s, candidates also need to know the reality of the labour market in the country where they want to teach, as well as the different ways of finding a job. For this reason, TANDEM Madrid includes an orientation tutorial in this course, where you learn how to look for work as an ELE teacher both in Spain and abroad.
Because we also understand the need to know the material you can use in class as well as technological resources. TANDEM Madrid cooperates with different publishers, and in this course we include a session to get to know the latest in ELE textbooks.
Native and non-native persons (with a B2 level) interested in doing an initiation course in Spanish as a foreign language and without any previous training in this field.
Acquisition of the basic theoretical knowledge and first practical tools to start developing ELE teaching tasks.
This course lasts 4 weeks and consists of 60 hours (45 hours of classes + 15 hours of classroom observation and tutorials):
45 hours of classes:
1. Introduction to ELE teaching.
2. The levels of the Common European Framework and the syllabus of the Cervantes Institute.
3. From teacher-centric to student–oriented teaching: the communicative approach.
4. Structural elements of teaching: objectives, content, activities, social forms and resources.
5. The role of the teacher in the classroom.
6. Criteria of class preparation.
7. How to work listening comprehension, oral expression, reading comprehension and written expression.
8. Pedagogical grammar and communicative activities to teach grammar.
9. Creation and dynamic application of material.
10. Intercultural work.
11. Classroom dynamics.
12. New technologies and social networks in ELE teaching.
ELE Introductory Course
|Duration||4 weeks (60 hours of teacher based classes and tutorials).|
|Dates||DATES FOR 2018:
From 29 th January to 23th February
From March 5 to 30
From April 9 to May 4
From June 4 to 29
From July 2 to 27
From August 6 to 31
From October 1 to 26
From November 2 to 30
|Times||45 hours, Monday to Friday from 17:30 to 20:30 + 15 hours during different times, according to the chosen class to observe.|
|Max. number of participants||12 participants|
|60 classes||520 Euros|
Please check our complete list of Spanish courses.