General information about the Spanish citizenship
In October 2015, the following laws will come into effect:
- Law 12/2015, dated 24 June, to concede the Spanish nationality to Sephardic Jews originating from Spain.
- Law 19/2015, dated 13 July, about measures regarding administrative reforms in the sector of the Justice and Civil Registry Department, which in its seventh final disclosure regulates the procedure to obtain the Spanish citizenship by residency.
Both laws require passing the two exams developed and administered by the Cervantes Institute as well as Spanish Language Centers recognized by the Cervantes Institute and members of the FEDELE association:
1. The exam that certifies a basic knowledge of the Spanish language: Spanish language certificate DELE A2 exam or higher.
2. The exam that certifies specific knowledge of the Spanish Constitution as well as the social and cultural actuality of Spain: CCSE exam (Constitutional and y Sociocultural Knowledge of Spain).
For further information please consult: https://ccse.cervantes.es/que
Who can apply for the spanish citizenship?
THOSE FOREIGN CITIZENS RESIDING IN SPAIN (AND NON-RESIDENTS IN CASE OF SEPHARDIC JEWS) WHO WOULD LIKE TO OBTAIN THE SPANISH NATIONALITY.
For further details regarding the requirements for the process of obtaining the Spanish citizenship, please visit the website of the Spanish Ministry of Justice.
Who is exempt from these requirements?
Persons who hold the citizenship of countries or territories where Spanish is the official language, are exempt from the Spanish language exam DELE.
Minors and persons in care of others are exempt from both exams.
Where can I prepare the exams and where can I take them?
In TANDEM Madrid. Since 2000, TANDEM MADRID is a Spanish Language Center recognized by the Cervantes Institute and, as such, forms part of the Network of Associated Centers, which can be joined by those centers who comply with the quality standards established by the Cervantes Institute in its QUALITY ACCREDITATION SYSTEM FOR ELE CENTERS, the only existing international quality certification which is exclusively focused on the teaching of Spanish as a foreign language.
As a language center recognized by the Cervantes Institute and as an associated school of FEDELE we are authorized to:
1. Offer preparation courses for the DELE A2 exam as well as the CCSE exam.
2. We are an authorized exam center for the CCSE exam, which means you can take your CCSE exam at our school, if you wish to do so.
Help for Enrolment DELE – CCSE (Spanish)
Preparation courses for the Spanish citizenship