DELE is the official diploma of Spanish language learning from the Cervantes Institute. These diplomas are recognised around the world and are well respected in the spheres of education and business alike. To obtain Spanish nationality is necessary to have at least a diploma DELE level A2.
What use is the DELE diploma?
- If you are going to spend a long period of time in Spain, for studies, work or simply for leisure, you can make the most of your stay by taking the exam. You can then return to your home country with an internationally recognised official qualification which attests to your abilities in the Spanish language.
- With a DELE diploma you will be able to access grants, internships and well-paid jobs which require a knowledge of Spanish.
- It is a key to accessing university undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses in Spain as well as in 90 countries, where the diploma is recognised.
DELE exam levels
|DELE Spanish diploma||Common European Framework Reference|
|DELE Spanish diploma A1||A1|
|DELE Spanish diploma A2||A2|
|DELE Spanish diploma B1||B1|
|DELE Spanish diploma B2||B2|
|DELE Spanish diploma C1||C1|
|DELE Spanish diploma C2||C2|
DELE 2018 exam dates
|Call||Date of written exam||Deadline for inscription||Levels|
|February||February 9||January 10||A2|
|April||April 6||February 14||A1, A2, B1, B2, C1|
|May||May 18 – school students||March 28||A1, A2-B1|
|May||May 19 – general||March 28||A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2|
|July||July 13||May 23||A2, B1, B2, C1|
|September||September 14||August 1||A2|
|October||October 5||August 22||A2, B1, B2|
|November||November 9 – school students||October 3||A1, A2-B1|
|November||November 10 – general||October 3||A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2|
DELE 2018 for school students
Visiting groups from educational institutions (high schools, colleges, academies etc.) can take advantage of their stay by receiving DELE preparation classes for one or more weeks at our centre.
It is also possible to prepare for the oral exam via Skype with our native Spanish speaker teachers who also hold the title of DELE examiner.
To take the level A2 DELE exam at TANDEM Madrid:
Inscriptions for A2 DELE must be done via the internet, using the website of CCSE (http://ccse.cervantes.es/). In the site’s search engine simply type Madrid and look for our centre FEDELE/TANDEM ESCUELA INTERNACIONAL MADRID, then select the exam DELE A2 and the date that you would like.
For all other DELE levels
DELE exam inscriptions of any level (except for DELE level A2) must be done online through the FEDELE website (http://www.dele.fedele.org/fedele). Enter Madrid in the website’s search engine and search for our centre FEDELE/TANDEM ESCUELA INTERNACIONAL MADRID, then select the DELE exam level and date that you would like.
Candidates should present the following documentation:
- The original AND a photocopy of their passport or an officially recognised photo identity document with a clearly recognisable photographic image where the first name, family name, nationality, place and date of birth are given. The information provided by the candidate in the application form must correspond exactly with that of the information included in the identity document provided.
- Documentation showing proof of payment for exam inscription.
- Application form for DELE inscription correctly completed.
MADRID – FEDELE MADRID – TANDEM MADRID
C/ Marqués de Cubas nº 8. 28014
+34 91 5322715
Exam inscription prices (Cervantes Institute):
|DELE Level||Price of Inscription (in euros)|
|A1 School students||108€|
|A2-B1 School students||160€|
More information at: http://dele.cervantes.es/en/information/dele_fees.html
Face to face preparation classes for the DELE exam.
Courses can be 1 to 1 or in a group, or a combination of both. Classes are 45 minutes long.
|DELE preparation course for individual students (1 to 1)||General Intensive Course + individual classes (1 to 1) for DELE preparation||Afternoon DELE preparation course|
|Course Duration||2 or 4 weeks before the exam with a minimum of 5 classes of 90 minutes||2 or 4 weeks before the exam||8 or 12 weeks before the exam|
|Price||380€ (5 classes of
|510€/week||8 weeks: 225€
12 weeks: 330€
|Enrolment fee||50 €||50 €||30 €|
|Number of hours||5 classes of 90 minutes||20 lessons of 45 minutes per week in a group class + 5 individual (1to1) classes of 90 minutes||3 hours/week. One or two days per week|
For all courses:
- All levels
- Course certificate reflecting level attained
DELE preparation course via Skype
For both residents in Spain or in other countries who already have a basic or higher level of the Spanish language, our DELE preparation course via Skype is the most comfortable way to prepare for this exam. All you need to enroll on a course is a computer or tablet with an internet connection. No fixed timetable and no need to travel.
Every week, your tutor will send you 2 DELE format tests by email. In addition, every week you will have a 45-minute tutorial via Skype where you can resolve your doubts with your tutor. You will also develop strategies to pass the exam successfully as well as rehearsing the oral exam.
Prices for Spanish Classes via Skype
|Number of classes||Price (Euros)|
|1 – 10 classes||36 €|
|+10 classes||32 €|