1. The course fee includes: enrolment, course book, information about the school and Madrid, some cultural activities, Internet and WiFi access at the school, attendance and level certificate (please note that our courses don’t lead to an official certificate). TANDEM PARTNER Service provides a book, film and music CD loan service. We offer a student assistance service (purchase of tickets, information on transport, etc.). Tutorial sessions with teachers. There are registration fees besides the course fee:
Registration fee, intensive courses: 50 €
Registration fee, extensive courses: 30 €
2. Not included in the course fee: Airport transport, travel health insurance, some activities in the cultural program, final examination, DELE examination fees.
3. Included in the accommodation fee: organizing and scheduling accommodation.
4. To reserve: please send us your completed registration form by post or email. You can also register online using the form on our website: www.tandemmadrid.com.
5. Payment. Upon reception of your registration form we will email you to confirm your reservation with a breakdown of the course and accommodation fees. You will be requested to pay a deposit of 200€, which will be deducted from the final invoice (this is non-refundable). After reception of the payment of the deposit (200€) or the total amount of the program you will be formally registered at the school. You will receive then the confirmation of your course, a level test and detailed information of the course and accommodation. If this advance payment is not received within the prescribed period, we reserve the right to cancel the reservation. We will not accept any payment without receiving the enrolment form. The remainder of the course and accommodation fees must be paid in Euros, by bank transfer 15 days prior the beginning date of the Spanish course or in cash or credit card on the first day of the course in our office. Discounts are only possible in cash and bank transfer payments. Payment should be made to our bank account at:
Bank 1491, Agency 0001, DC 27, Account 2077137723
IBAN: ES4914910001272077137723 BIC: TRIOESMMXXX
Please send us a copy of the bank receipt by email (email@example.com). Please include your name and the type of course you are attending. All bank commissions are payable by the student.
Group programs: to book, the institution in charge of the group must pay 20% of the full price at least 4 weeks before arrival.
6. Courses. TANDEM Madrid will place the student in a suitable group for his/her level. Any level or schedule changes requested by the student must be approved by the Head of Studies and is subject to availability. The student will be given a schedule in the week prior to the beginning of his/her course. Nevertheless we reserve the right to change the latter according to our organizational needs. The minimum age for students is 16 years’ old, except in the Junior Courses; students younger than 18 need a written authorization from their parents. Violence or disrespect to other students or TANDEM employees (due to religion, gender or sexual orientation) may result in the student being expelled from the school. More information about Spanish courses in Madrid.
7. Cancellation, postponement or interruption of courses: if cancellations are made by the students 2 weeks or more prior to the course start date, TANDEM MADRID will refund the full cost of the program (if full payment was made in advance), with the exception of the 200€ course deposit. No refund will be made for cancellations of courses cancelled within 15 days of the course starting date. Cancellations will not be accepted unless made in writing. For security reasons, cancellations cannot be made over the phone.
Number of students per class: groups will have a minimum of 4 students and a maximum of 12 students. If there are not enough students to make up a group, before the course starts or during its development, students will be offered a place in a smaller group or one-to-one class, and the teaching time will be reduced according to the paid amount. Students who start but do not finish their program will not be refunded any amount of course and accommodation fees.
8. Cancellation, postponement or interruption of accommodation. The student must notify us of his/her approximate arrival time in Madrid at least one week before the course begins. EUROPA PLUS TANDEM (TANDEM MADRID’s partner agency which arranges accommodation and airport transport) reserves the right to change the accommodation before the student’s arrival for another one of similar or identical characteristics without prior notice and at no additional cost. Double room bookings will be accepted only for people who travel together. Students will not be refunded for the postponement or cancellation of accommodation once the course has started and the student has stayed in the accommodation. TANDEM will keep 100€ if a cancellation of accommodation is made within 15 days before the course’s beginning date.
If the student requests a change of accommodation, a fee of €30 will be charged. Any changes, when requested, are subject to availability. If the change entails additional costs, the student will be notified of this and will have to cover these costs before the change takes place. Except in special cases, all changes of accommodation must be made after 12 noon on the Sunday. The student must comply with the landlord’s/accommodation rules. Failure to comply with the rules may result in the student being expelled from the accommodation.
9. Airport pick-up service. Flight information (departure city, date and flight number) must be confirmed in writing at least one week prior to arrival, otherwise TANDEM MADRID will accept no responsibility for picking up the student from the airport and no refund will be given or if delays and changes to flight schedules are not notified in advance. We will provide the student a telephone number in which he/she can contact the person in charge of transportation. This person will wait at the most 60 minutes after the planned time of flight’s arrival. If the student does not contact her, the service will be cancelled. However, the student must pay for it.
10. Insurance. All students taking courses have insurance cover. TANDEM accepts no responsibility for accidents that occur outside the school, or for the loss or theft of personal belongings on our premises. We therefore recommend you take out an insurance policy in your country of origin.
11. Bank Holidays. TANDEM Madrid makes up all classes and activities missed due to national or local public holidays, independent of the course type, the length of booking, the number of public holidays in the week and time of the year WITHOUT exception.
12. Visas: for students from non-EU member states. EU citizens (from the European Union) do not need a visa to attend courses. Non-EU citizens (from countries that are not in the European Union) should contact the relevant Spanish Embassy or Consulate for information on the requirements for studying in Spain. If the student needs a letter of confirmation from the school to apply for a visa, the program and accommodation fees must be paid in full before the requested documentation will be sent. Payment in this case will only be accepted by bank transfer. When TANDEM MADRID receives it, the letter of confirmation will be sent to the address provided by the student. If the student prefers to have the documentation sent by courier (e.g.: UPS), he/she must pay the delivery costs in advance. This applies both to individual students and group programs. The student is responsible for his/her visa application process at all times, TANDEM MADRID accepts no responsibility whatsoever in the event of visa refusal. If the student is unable to attend a course because his/her visa was refused, he/she must submit the official document of refusal (with the date, signature and stamp) issued by the relevant Spanish Embassy or Consulate, clearly indicating the student’s name, passport number and visa application.
For a refund of the advance payment, TANDEM MADRID must be notified of the cancellation in writing (attaching the document of refusal) at least 15 days prior to the course’s starting date. The same conditions as in point 7 are applicable to refusal of entry. Discounts and promotions do not apply to courses that require the aforementioned letter of confirmation. More information about visa.
13. Data protection. I. In accordance with the Organic Law 15/1999 of December 13, on personal data protection, we inform the Student that upon signing this document, the Student consents that data presented upon inscription will be included in a file called TANDEM International School S.L.The aim is to use this file to manage the Student’s academic, economic and administrative development in TANDEM International School, S.L.
On the other hand, we state that for the duration of the Student’s inscription at the school, images of the Students may be taken and used for the photographs or video collections, to be used as graduation photographs and other designed to inform and/or make other activities the school known to the public via paper publications or to be included on their web page www.tandem-madrid.es and www.tandemmadrid.com, as well as to be included in information flyers belonging to TANDEM Escuela Internacional, S.L. The processing of the Student’s ’images is done with all the respect due to the individual in accordance with the Organic Law 1 / 1982 of May 5, Protection of Civil Right to Honor, to personal and family privacy and image, by eliminating any caption or film that may go against their basics rights. These images will not have other uses than those hereby expressed, nor will they be assigned to third parties, except by those expressed in this authorization.
II. Personal data transfer or communication. Payment of school fees through financial or banking bodies necessarily included the transfer of personal data to these third parties. In turn these data will be under the protections of the ministries, public bodies and organisms and what these may demand of TANDEM International School, S.L. In any case, the assignments and transfer of information will done within the rules of law, not being to use the data for any other for purposes other than those for which they have been collected.
III. The exercise of rights. Regarding personal data provided, the Student has the right to access, rectify and cancel this information , by sending a written petition addressed to TANDEM Escuela Internacional, S.L. LOPD – Secretaría Académica. Calle Marqués de Cubas, 8, CP 28014, Madrid or via e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. In the same way the Student can state at any moment his/ her opposition to TANDEM Escuela Internacional, S.L. or its close associates to sending any commercial communications.
14. Duration and scope of these general conditions. These General Conditions are to be applied and are annexed to the specific conditions established in the specific program of the academic year given to the Student. Both documents are considered the contract of non-academic education that rules the relationship between the school and the Student.
The general conditions of this contract will be implemented for the duration of any course the Student may hire, as of the date s/he signed this contract upon which, with the exception that these may be modified, will be applied to the courses and program that the Student may hire in the future via subscription to the Specific Conditions of each course, in other words, through the subscription of a specific program in the future hired by the Student. When the General Conditions of his/her contract is modified, these will be updated through different specific documents of each course: these are; the date that the contract comes into force will be included in its Specific Conditions.
15. With the Teaching Contract the Student will be handed an information leaflet of the school as well as a specific program of the course s/he has just hired, in which the Student declares having received upon signature these General Conditions.